Institutional Assessment and Research is responsible for the collection of data (from both internal and external sources) and the analysis, distribution, and presentation of these data as information for use in reporting, planning, decision-making, and policy formulation at Winston-Salem State University. The department maintains and ensures the accuracy of university statistics and reports these data to governing bodies and a broad spectrum of information consumers. The department coordinates assessment activities for the institution related to institutional effectiveness.
- Is responsible on an on-going basis for reporting accurate and timely data from the university’s student and personnel electronic databases to both the University of North Carolina and to the federal government.
- Responds to requests for data from members of the university community and is available to assist with research and assessment methodology, analysis, and evaluation.
- Undertakes a wide variety of student outcome assessment projects.
- Oversees/coordinates institutional survey projects.
- Maintains the assessment database (TracDat) and offers assistance to faculty and staff in the use of the database.
- Offers assistance to the university community in developing outcomes statements and creating assessment plans for unit outcomes and student learning outcomes.
About Our Department…
We are located in the modular unit next to the Anderson Center. The Administrative Assistant, Kim Parks, can be reached by calling 336-750-8036 or emailing email@example.com.
Institutional Fact Books, survey results and other institutional data can be found on links on this page.
Requests for data reports can be made by selecting WebFOCUS Request.
Mailing Address: Institutional Assessment and Research, 601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, 242C Anderson Modular Unit, WSSU, Winston-Salem, NC 27110