CETL Faculty Liaisons
Consistent with our University’s mission for faculty governance, The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) has requested each department to elect a faculty liaison. Faculty liaison meetings will take place the 1st Thursday of the month throughout the academic year.
The primary function of this position is to:
- Serve as advocates and liaisons for CETL within departments and the broader university community.
- Provide direction on the assessment of CETL’s effectiveness and review results; strategize about ways to build on strengths and address challenges of the organization.
- Advise on teaching and learning programs, policy issues, and other faculty development initiatives.
- Assist with decision-making regarding the selection of on-site speakers.
- Suggest topics for CETL workshops that meet departmental needs.
- Evaluate applications for select CETL programs such as the Master Teacher Program, and mini-grant opportunities.