Before any attempt is made to register for classes, please consider the following:
- You must be admitted to the university before you are allowed to register.
- If you have never applied to WSSU, you must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- An admissions application.
- Application fee.
- Official transcripts from each institution that you have attended, unless otherwise advised
- Official transcript from high school or a copy of your GED diploma if you did not attend college
- If you previously applied and were accepted but never attended, you must update your admissions application.
Contact the Office of Admissions immediately for additional information.
- If you have attended WSSU in the past, you must be readmitted. Contact the Office of the Registrar (336-750-3330) for assistance.
- If your name or address has changed, please notify the appropriate office.
- Once you have been admitted or readmitted, you will receive a personal identification number (PIN) from your advisor. You will use this PIN to register online.
- If you do not have Internet access at home, you may use computers in public or community college libraries to register online.
Online Registration Instructions
- Go to Banner RAMS Online.
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Enter your User ID (Banner ID) and PIN.
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid. Click on Registration.
- Click on Add/Drop Classes. Select the appropriate Term & click on submit. Enter the CRN for each course in a text box. When you have finished, click SUBMIT.
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid. Click on Registration. Click on Detailed Schedule to check your completed schedule.
- Print out a copy for your records.
- Click on Student Services & Financial Aid. Click on Student Records. Click Account Summary. If paying by Credit Card, scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Credit Card Payment.
NOTE: You are officially registered when you have been validated by the Billings & Receivables Office.