General Education Outcomes
General Education Outcomes Data Collection
Each semester, instructors who teach general education courses are asked to report data on the assignment/artifact they used to assess the general education student learning outcome in their course(s). The data will be collected through an online survey. The collection period for Spring 2015 has ended. Notifications will be sent out to faculty when the Fall 2015 collection period commences.
For the current semester, there is one link for each general education student learning outcome. If you taught more than one class with the same student learning outcome, you should access the link multiple times and report data separately for each unique Course Prefix/Subject Code, Course Number and Section Number (e.g., BIO 1300-01) combination.
To determine if any of your courses were designated as general education, please refer to the current semester's general education list. If you taught general education courses in the current semester, please click on the corresponding survey link below to report your data:
|Critical Reading||Critical Thinking||Information Literacy|
|Oral Communication||Quantitative Literacy||Scientific Literacy|
- The links can be accessed multiple times.
- Data should be reported separately for each unique Course Prefix/Subject Code, Course Number and Section Number (e.g., BIO 1300-01) combination.
- If you team taught a course (i.e., a unique Course Prefix/Subject Code, Course Number and Section Number), please communicate with your colleague(s) and report data once for the course.
- For each learning component listed on the rubric template, please report the number of students who performed at each performance level.
- If you were unable to collect data for any of the learning components being assessed, leave the performance level boxes associated with the particular learning component(s) blank. Zeros should be used if you collected data on the learning component, but no students scored at that particular performance level.
- If you would like to keep a copy of the data you submit, please take a screenshot of the survey page. Remember that if you navigate back into the survey, any data you had entered on later pages will not be saved.
Please contact the Office of Institutional Assessment and Research at 336-750-8036 if you have any questions.