Crime in Progress
Steps for Reporting a Crime in Progress
- Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with the criminal.
- Call Campus Police at 336-750-2900. Give your name, location and department. Advise them of the situation and remain where you are until contacted by a police officer.
- If safe to do so get a good description of the criminal. Attributes or characteristics to note are height, weight, sex, race, approximate age, clothing, identifying marks or tattoos, method and direction of travel and name, if known. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license plate number and state, make and model, color and any other distinguishing characteristics.
- In the event of a civil disturbance continue as much as possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside stay away from doors and windows.
- Stay calm until Campus Police arrive.
- Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with the law enforcement authorities on the scene.