WSSU's LiveSafe mobile application puts safety right into the hands of students, faculty, staff, and visitors. You can download LiveSafe for free to your Apple or Android device and have an on-the-go, easy way to connect with WSSU campus police.
LiveSafe is used on campuses around the country and enables increased safety through a two-way channel of communication between the campus community and safety officials. From their device, users can directly access police and 911 emergency services, share their location with friends, and submit tips about potential campus safety issues anonymously to campus police. The suite of services in the app include:
• Report Tips: Submit tips and information quickly and discreetly on suspicious activity,
mental health concerns, and sexual assault. Submit tips anonymously, and
add a picture or video.
• Go Safe: Ask friends or family to virtually walk you to a destination, or request a Ram
Express shuttle ride.
• Emergency Options: Quickly contact both WSSU campus police and city police.
• Safety Map: View a map that displays crime data and safety locations.
• Emergency Procedures: Access essential safety resources and information.
To download the app:
· Click the following links for your respective mobile device: Apple or Android –or– search
“LiveSafe” in the App Store or Google Play Store.
· Download the app to your mobile device.
· Open the app.
· Select “Winston-Salem State University” from the list of schools.
· Fill-in your name and contact info so we can get in touch in the event of an emergency.