Motor Pool Vehicle Rental Information
VEHICLE RENTAL INFORMATION
- Department Head Approval is required when utilizing departmental funds for travel purposes. Please obtain approval BEFORE requesting a vehicle for all travel needs.
- You MUST be a paid state employee of Winston-Salem State University to drive vehicle rentals for official state business
- All Winston Salem State University employees who operate a vehicle rental shall abide by the requirements set forth in the WSSU Motor Pool Vehicle Rental Policies
BILLING FOR RENTAL CAR OF AN EMPLOYEE
Local and Out of Town Rentals
- The total cost of a vehicle rental for each travel will be sent to Facilities Motor Pool for payment.
- Facilities Motor Pool will submit payment for each travel to Enterprise Rental.
- Vehicle rental reimbursement (including 10% administrative fee) will be submitted to Accounting.
Please decline collision damage waiver and supplemental liability protection when renting a vehicle for business travel. The rental car rates include the insurance protection and the state automobile insurance policy provides coverage to employees renting for official university travel.
You cannot be reimbursed for such fees or surcharges should you accept them.
The following types of vehicle rentals may be reserved thru Enterprise Rental:
- Economy vehicle
- Compact vehicle
- Intermediate vehicle
- Standard vehicle
- Full-Size vehicle
- Intermediate SUV
- Standard SUV
- Passenger Vans
Enterprise Rental will provide delivery and pick up for all vehicle rentals from the designated WSSU location listed below:
Facilities Motor Pool – 1600 Lowery Street – Winston-Salem, NC 27110
HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION FOR AN EMPLOYEE WITH ENTERPRISE
- Department Head Approval is required when utilizing departmental funds for travel purposes. Please obtain approval BEFORE reserving a vehicle for travel needs.
- Visit us online for WSSU business travel.
- Under FEATURED LINKS select VEHICLE RENTAL RESERVATION
- The link will take you directly to the ENTERPRISE RENTAL SITE.
Complete the ENTERPRISE RENTAL RESERVATION ONLINE FORM (with all required fields)
- Incompletion of required fields will result in a delay of vehicle reservation
- If you have multiple SAME DAY vehicle reservations with DIFFERENT DRIVERS you must complete INDIVIDUAL reservation forms for each driver with accurate reservation information
- If you have multiple vehicle reservations for different days you must complete INDIVIDUAL reservations for each travel date
If departure for travel is before 8:00 am or after 5:00 pm (Monday thru Friday) or on the weekend then Enterprise will deliver the rental vehicle at the designated WSSU location (Facilities Motor Pool Office - 1600 Lowery Street WS NC 27110)
If the customer prefers to pick up the rental vehicle from the Enterprise location please contact Motor Pool x2160 or via email (email addresses listed below) to notify the staff of this information immediately.
Enterprise Rental will email you and Facilities Motor Pool an Enterprise Reservation Confirmation regarding your travel.
- If you have selected to receive a WSSU Facilities Fuel Card the Facilities Motor Pool office will contact you within 48 business hours regarding fuel card information.
- It will be the responsibility of the traveller to obtain the WSSU Facilities Fuel Card from the Facilities Motor Pool office during regular business hours before travel departure
- Please bring your Enterprise Reservation Confirmation to Facilities Motor Pool the day of your travel departure.
WSSU Facilities Fuel Card Information
Utilizing a WSSU Facilities Fuel Card while travelling creates peace of mind and the convenience of fueling anytime and anywhere without out-of-pocket fuel expenses.
- Security - authorization for personalized Driver ID numbers are established in the WSSU Motor Pool Office before travel departure to protect against unauthorized spending
- Customer Service - driver assistance on the road (24 Hour Toll-Free Customer Service)
A 10% administrative fee will be applied to the monthly invoice for all fuel charge(s).
It will be the responsibility of the vehicle rental customer to obtain the WSSU Facilities Fuel Card from the WSSU Motor Pool Office during business hours before travel departure according to pick up date and time located on the WSSU Vehicle Rental Reservation Confirmation Document which is submitted to the vehicle rental customer from WSSU Motor Pool Office after submission of the vehicle rental reservation request.
Failure to pick up during the allocated date and time listed on the WSSU Vehicle Rental Reservation Confirmation Document will result in the vehicle rental customer paying out-of-pocket fuel expenses for travel and seeking reimbursement from driver department.
WSSU Facilities Fuel Card Receipts:
Upon travel return all fuel receipts MUST be submitted within the WSSU Facilities Fuel Card pouch. Failure to do so will result in an additional 5% penalty fee access to driver's total fuel bill. Continuous non-compliance will result in the driver not being approved to utilize the WSSU Facilities Fuel Card for future travel.
Replacement Card Fee:
If the WSSU Facilities Fuel Card is lost or misplaced there will be a $5.00 replacement fee which will be applied to overall monthly bill and notification sent to Department Head.
BENEFITS OF ENTERPRISE RENTAL BUSINESS PROGRAM
Delivery and Pickup Services:
- Enterprise will deliver your vehicle rental to the designated WSSU location listed below for easier and faster service:
Facilities Motor Pool Office - 1600 Lowery Street – Winston-Salem, NC 27110
- Enterprise will pick up your returned vehicle from the same location.
- Enterprise offers a variety of make and model vehicles for your travel needs.
Leave the Claim to us:
- You can take the worry out of travel by using Enterprise Rental and the insurance is included.
Vehicle Rental Requirements (you must meet ALL requirements listed below):
- You MUST be 21 years of age to drive Enterprise rental vehicles
- You MUST be a paid state employee of Winston Salem State University to reserve and drive vehicle rentals for official state business
- You are responsible for reading the complete WSSU Motor Pool Vehicle Rental Policies
FOR YOUR QUESTIONS
- WSSU Motor Pool Vehicle Rental Policies
- Refer to the state rental car contract
- Contact Facilities Motor Pool at 336-750-2160 or email the Facilities Business Office: