Electronic W-2 Form Disclosure Statement
- If an employee does not consent to receive an electronic version of W-2 form, he or she will be mailed a W-2 Form on paper.
- The 2012 Electronic W-2 Form Consent Statement is effective for W-2 forms issued for the calendar year 2012 and all future periods until consent is withdrawn or the individual is no longer employed by Winston Salem State University.
- After giving consent, an employee may still request a paper W-2 Form by contacting the Payroll Office in writing. This may be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. mail to: Payroll, Winston Salem State University, 114 Eller Hall, 601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr, Winston Salem, NC 27110 Attn: Tax Form Request. The request for a paper W-2 will not terminate consent.
- An employee may withdraw his or her consent with a 30 days notice by completing a Revoke Consent Form. This may be done via email to email@example.com or U.S. mail to: Payroll, Winston Salem State University, 114 Eller Hall, 601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr, Winston Salem, NC 27110 Attn: Revoke Consent. The withdrawal of consent does not apply to a W-2 Form that was furnished electronically before the withdrawal of consent is furnished. Upon receipt of the withdrawal, the Payroll Office will send a written confirmation of the withdrawal via U.S. mail or email.
- Winston Salem State University will not provide the W-2 Form electronically to an individual who has terminated his or her employment prior to 1/1/2013. These individuals will receive paper copies via U.S. mail. Only active University employees will have access to the electronic version of W-2 Form. If a former employee requires an additional copy of the W-2 Form, he or she may follow the aforementioned methods of contacting the Payroll Office.
- If an employee has consented to receive an electronic version of W-2 Form and has not printed the form prior to termination, he or she should contact the Payroll Office in order to receive a paper copy via U.S. mail.
- An employee must immediately update any contact information (email address, mailing address, etc.) by emailing your current address to firstname.lastname@example.org for W-2 address changes ONLY! All other address changes need to be submitted to Human Resources. The hardware and software requirements needed to access, print and retain W-2 Form electronically include an Internet connection, web browser, and Adobe Acrobat reader.
- The electronic version of W-2 Form will be available on the web site for at least 2 years from its original posting date.
- The W-2 Form may be required to be printed and attached to a federal, state, or local income tax return.
Last Updated: January 15, 2013.