Campus Announcements Guidelines and Procedures
Announcements are sent as a compiled email by Integrated Marketing Communications on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the academic year and Wednesdays during breaks and summer. Your submission must be received no later than noon one business day before it is to be sent. All announcements will be e-mailed in plain text format to ensure accessibility for individuals with visual impairments. No attachments can be sent.
Guidelines for Announcements
· Announcements must pertain to official university business or to university-sponsored activities for
faculty and staff or for the entire university community. IMC reserves the right to reject
announcements that do not meet this criteria and to recommend other communications vehicles for
· Only university employees may submit announcements.
· IMC will repeat announcements ONLY if 10 working days have passed between announcements.
· Announcements may not be anonymous. They must include at least one name, with that person's
WSSU title and contact information.
· IMC will not accept announcements that are:
· job postings
· business advertisements
· for conferences, events or organizations not sponsored by the university
· messages directed to a limited audience
· retirement receptions (unless the person is known by the entire university community)
Submit an announcement using the Campus Announcements Submission Form