Working with IMC
Working with IMC
Our team is here to help you reach your marketing communications goals by providing creative, compelling, and strategic integrated marketing communications. Our office can assist you with marketing materials, publications, social media, web strategies, media relations, photography, and videography.
If you already know what type of project you need, please fill out our Project Initiation Form.
If you need assistance defining your goals or determining a strategy, or just want to learn more about the services we provide, please contact the IMC liaison assigned to your unit.
Marketing Communications Project Workflow
The workflow for marketing communications project varies; however, most projects follow this general workflow to achieve the Plan - Act - Improve - Assess model as illustrated here. It is important to note that the brand identity update requires all of us to be more strategic in our communications. To accomplish that, we need more lead time on projects than in the past. After we receive your project requirements, we can give you a better estimate on the expected project timeline.
- Submit the Project Initiation Form: After you submit your Project Initiation Form, we will contact you to discuss the next steps.
- Project Kick-Off Meeting: For most projects, a project manager within IMC will be assigned. The project manager will schedule a kick-off meeting with you to discuss the project and to provide guidance on how we can best meet your goals. We will discuss a creative brief, establish metrics for measuring success, and determine a project timeline at this meeting.
- Develop a Marketing Plan: Based on the goals and creative brief for the project, we will create a marketing plan. The plan will be sent to you for review and approval.
- Content Development: We will begin work on your project and complete drafts of the needed materials.
- Project Review: After we have completed work on your materials, we will provide you with proofs to review. Be sure to carefully review the content.
- Implementation: Once we have made the necessary changes to your materials and received your approval, we will distribute the materials as outlined in the project plan.