Post-award administration contains guidelines, policies and procedures, and forms needed to administer an award from inception and throughout the life of the project. This section also contains the internal closeout process with forms needed to formally closeout a project within 90-days after its end date.
If you have any questions, please contact Arnita Hill, Post-Award Administrator, at (336) 750-3211 or firstname.lastname@example.org; the Office of Sponsored Programs at (336) 750-2410; and/or the Office of Contracts and Grants at (336) 750-2734.
This section consists of University of North Carolina System, University and Office of Sponsored Programs level guidelines, policies and procedures as well as Federal guidance documents needed to administer federal awards.
- Defining Sponsored Programs
- Administration Guidelines
- Record Retention Guidelines
- Indirect Cost Policy
- WSSU Patent Policy
- Cost-Sharing/Match Guidelines
- Subagreement Preparation Guidelines
- Copyright Use and Ownership Policy
- OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- WSSU Research Misconduct Policy and Procedures
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines for Grant Release Time
- Contract Review and Authority to Sign
- Chapter 500: UNC Policy Manual - Regulations on Administering Sponsored Programs
- Guidelines on How to Determine the Classification of Independent Contractors vs. Employees
- 200.306 Cost Sharing or Matching
- WSSU Policy and Procedures for Planning, Establishing, and Reviewing Institutional Centers and Institutes
This section contains internal forms in order to setup an award, hire personnel, retain subcontractors, and other forms needed to conduct day to day operations of the award.
The following forms are required to be completed as part of the UNC System Award Management Standards. Therefore, as PI, you are responsible for completing the following requirements in a timely manner in order for our University to comply with these standards.
90 Day Pre Closeout Form - Records show that you have an award ending within the next 90 days. Please review and respond to all items on this form. Once complete, click “Submit” at the bottom of the form so that it will be routed to the Office of Sponsored Programs. Complete this form 90 days prior to your current award termination date.
30 Day Pre Closeout Form - Records show that you have an award ending within the next 30 days. Please review and respond to all items on this form. Once complete, click “Submit” at the bottom of the form so that it will be routed to the Office of Sponsored Programs. Complete this form 30 days prior to your current award termination date.
PI Certification Form - Records indicate that your project has ended. This form will be sent to you via email from our office once both the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and Office of Contracts and Grants have completed the first two parts of the form. Upon receipt, please complete and return back to the Office of Sponsored Programs by clicking “Submit” within the form. Complete this form within 5 business days after receipt.
Final Closeout Checklist Form - Completed by Office of Contracts and Grants Only - This form is a final checklist to be completed by the assigned accountant on a sponsored project. Complete this form within 90 days after project termination.
In addition to these closeout requirements, be sure to meet all the deadlines to the sponsor per your award terms and conditions.