First Time Applicants
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- All applicants MUST appear in person
- Effective 02/01/08 both parents must appear for minors age fifteen(15) and under. If one parent is unable to appear, a notarized letter of consent or other legal documents must be presented at the time of applying.
- For minors age sixteen(16) through (17), one parent must appear.
Please submit the following documents that apply to you:
- A certified birth certificate from the county or state in which you were born (hospital certificates are not acceptable)
- A Naturalization certificate or Report of Birth Abroad document
- A state or federal issued picture ID such as driver's license, ID card or military ID
- Parental ID is required for children under the age of eighteen(18)
- Two identical passport photos with a white, off white or light colored background
For additional information, or to obtain forms, you may visit the government website at www.travel.state.gov.