Winston-Salem State University’s Young Alumni Council (YAC) was established to strengthen the connection and participation of young alumni to the university.
Young Alumni Engagement
- Work with already established WSSU organizations, such as National Alumni Association, athletic support, etc. to effectively stream communication to young alumni.
- Gather data (mailing, jobs, email, and etc) and comments from young alumni through surveys.
- Develop strategies which will assist Rams during their transition from to students to alumni. Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow
- Act as a liaison with current WSSU students.
- Participate in Freshman acceptance meet and greet.
- Engage in high school recruitment with the local chapter in your area
- Establish programs and initiatives to increase alumni giving
- Participate in WSSU telethons, capital campaigns, and other WSSU organization giving campaigns.
- Create a mindset where giving back becomes an expectation
- Devise a patient, stair-step approach towards giving.
- Young Alumni Homecoming reunions.
- Coordinate YAC Alumni events (Young Alumni Day, Young Alumni of the Year, Pass the Baton Award) given to a older alumnus who has laid a foundation for young alumnus