Office of Marketing and Communication
Alumni House RM 103
(336) 750 3150 (fax)
To fulfill requests in a professional and timely manner, please request photographic services at least five business days in advance. A Photography Request Form must be submitted before work can begin on any job. The form can be found in the navigation on the left or here. The department will respond to your written request with a phone call or e-mail to discuss requirements of the photo session.
While we appreciate your timely requests, we do not operate on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Photographic Services prioritizes photography coverage to ensure that images from campus-related events can be used in multiple internal and external publications.
Please note: During the current budget crisis, after-hours and weekend photography requests must be approved in advance. Please allow Photographic Services ample time to secure approval and understand that your request may be denied if the event does not support multiple priorities listed below.
Top priorities include but are not limited to (in no particular order):
• Archway magazine
• Faculty and key staff portraits
• Institutional photos
• News photos for release to media
• Publications produced by the Office of Marketing and Communications
• Request from the Chancellor's Office/Provost Office
• The WSSU website
If Photographic Services is not able to meet your needs directly, we may refer your requests for photography to an approved freelance photographer. Such requests can include:
• Photographic Services has a scheduling conflict created by another priority photo shoot
• Events not promoted by the Office of Marketing and Communications
• Departments requesting photography for their internal/external publications or archives (i.e. brochures, newsletters, departmental Web pages)
• Alumni, student, faculty and staff celebrations, including birthday and retirement parties
• After hours and weekend events
• Workshops, conferences and symposiums hosted on or off campus
If your request needs to be referred to a freelance photographer, Photographic Services will serve as project manager for the job and handle related tasks. Please note that the requesting department must cover the fee associated with using a freelance photographer.
We also provide several digital cameras that can be loaned out on a first-come, first-served basis. These cameras are for University use only, and a University ID is required for checkout.
See the Photo Release Policy to learn about the University's requirements regarding permissions to photograph a subject.