Next Steps for Admitted Students
STEPS TO SECURING ENROLLMENT FOR ADMITTED STUDENTS
STEP 1 Confirm Intent to Enroll
Note: You will not be able to continue until Step 1 is completed.
- Go to Banner Rams Online
- Click Check your admissions status
- Enter your Login ID (BANNER ID number in your acceptance letter)
- Enter your PIN number (First time BANNER users enter your date of birth as MMDDYY)
- On the Application Menu click on the term for which you have applied
- On the Application Summary page verify your admissions information and click the“Confirm Admission” button to accept offer to WSSU
STEP 2 Apply for Financial Aid
You may apply for financial aid for the academic year by completing the 2015/2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. The priority deadline for WSSU is March 1, 2015. Enter school code 002986 so that Winston-Salem State University will receive your information.
If you are enrolling for the spring 2015 or summer 2015 term, you must have a completed 2014/2015 FAFSA on file at WSSU. In addition, if you are enrolling for the summer 2015 term, you must complete the WSSU summer financial aid application. Summer financial aid is not guaranteed. Check the financial aid website for updates.
You will be notified by the WSSU Financial Aid Office regarding your aid status through Banner RAMS Online.
STEP 3 Apply for Housing
On-campus housing is not guaranteed; however, limited on-campus housing may be available. To live on-campus, you must be registered for a minimum of twelve(12) credit hours. If you are interested in living on-campus, download the Graduate/Readmit/Transfer application and contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 336-750-3400 or email@example.com.
You will be required to pay a non-refundable $135.00 Housing Application Deposit to secure a room.
STEP 4 Submit Immunization Records
If you are enrolling in an on-campus program, WSSU immunization policy requires that your immunizations are up-to-date and in accordance with NC state law. Please be sure to submit this information directly to Student Health Services.
The following students have an exception to the WSSU/NC immunization policy:
- Students registered only in off-campus or online courses (Distance Learning);
- Students taking four(4) credit hours or less per semester and residing off campus
For all other students, your immunization records must be received by Student Health Services in a timely fashion in order for you to attend classes.
The health and immunization deadliness:
- Spring 2015 - December 1, 2014
- Summer I or II 2015 - May 1, 2015
- Fall 2015 - July 1, 2015
Information and health history forms are available at the Student Health Center. Immunization records should be sent to:
WSSU Student Health Services
244 A. H. Ray Student Health Center
601 S. MLK Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
STEP 5 Submit Transcripts to WSSU
Submit an official copy of your final high school and/or college transcripts (if applicable) to:
WSSU Admissions Office
206 Thompson Center
601 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
STEP 6 Pay your bill
Your spring 2015 Student Bill will be available on or before December 2, 2014. You may view your student bill through Banner RAMS Online. It is recommended that you pay your Student Bill by January 7, 2015.
If your Student Bill is greater than your Financial Aid Award and you have a balance remaining, choose to:
- Make a one-time online payment
- Establish a Tuition Payment Plan (RAMPay)
- Apply for a PARENT PLUS LOAN (Dependent students only)
STEP 7 Know your WSSU Email address
Once you accept your offer of Admission, you will receive a WSSU email address. (Please allow 2 business days for your email address to be activated.)
To find your WSSU Email address
- Go to Banner RAMS Online
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN (PIN is your birthdate in mmddyy format until you change it)
- Click Personal Information
- Click View E-mail Address(es)
Your WSSU email address will be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org. Your password will be your Banner ID. To access RamsLive@Edu, WSSU’s student e-mail system, logon to Microsoft Outlook Live.
STEP 8 Waive Health Insurance
To waive coverage of university-sponsored health insurance
- Go to Student Blue
- Click the “Waive” button to the left and enter the requested information.
(Spring Semester: Waiver deadline TBA)
New First Time Freshman skip Step 9 and Step 10.
STEP 9 Attend or complete an online Orientation Session
Dates, times and locations TBA
STEP 10 Make an appointment with Academic Advising Services
You are responsible for contacting Academic Advising Services to schedule an advising session. Contact:
Dr. Kristen McManus
Interim Assistant Dean of Academic Advising Services
Student Success Center at Hill Hall, Room 230
(336) 750-8276 • email@example.com