Winston-Salem State University

Other Things You Can Do

To waive coverage of university-sponsored health insurance

(Fall Semester:  The waiver deadline is September 10, 2013)

Top of Page

Purchase a Parking Decal

Employees and students can  purchase a parking decal  online using a credit card, debit card or student voucher.  To purchase go to:

Parking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. What if I don't have a credit/debit card? You may go to any Wal-Mart or other similar store and purchase a cash card to purchase a decal.
  2. Where can I get a student voucher? Students with financial aid may go to Student Accounts in the Thompson Center to request a voucher.
  3. Can I use my ram card? No.
  4. What information will I need to make the purchase? You must have your Banner ID and PIN. (If this is the first time you are making a purchase, your PIN is your date of birth mmddyy).  You will need to enter a current mailing address and your vehicle(s) tag number.
  5. What if I don't know my Banner ID? If you don't know your Banner ID contact your advisor.
  6. What if I drive a different car to school? Can I buy 2 decals? No. Only one permit is allowed per person. If you have more than one vehicle you may switch your decal from vehicle to vehicle. All vehicles must be registered. You can register up to 3. Register all vehicles at the time of purchase, either online, in person at the Anderson Center or via phone at 336-750-2905.
  7. What if I have outstanding tickets, can I still purchase a decal? If you owe $150 or more, you will not be able to purchase a decal. You can pay tickets online and then purchase a decal.
  8. What if I have numerous tickets and can't afford to pay them all at one time? If you have more than three unpaid tickets at any given time you and you have a valid decal , you are subject to be ticketed, booted or towed. If you can not pay them all at one time, go to the parking office in the Anderson Center to make payment arrangements. This is for extremely high accounts only.
  9. Why can't freshman have cars? Freshman must have completed 30 credit hours in order to have a car unless you qualify for a hardship. A hardship application is available at Campus parking located in the Anderson Center.
  10. What if I don't know where to park? View a Campus Map

Top of Page

Setup Direct Deposit

  • Go 
  • Enter Student ID and PIN  
  • Click Submit
  • Click Refunds tab   
  • Click Payment Profile
  • Select payment type and click go
  • Enter Bank Account information and check the box under Refund Option
  • Click Save  
  • Check the information you entered and Confirm by entering the last four digits of your Student ID  
  • Click I Agree or click Cancel to make changes

Top of Page

Find Your Email Address

  • Click Current Students
  • Click Banner Rams Online
  • Click Enter Secure Area
  • Enter your Banner ID and PIN
  • Click Personal Information
  • Click View E-mail Address(es)

Top of Page        

Winston-Salem State University

601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27110

Phone: (336) 750-2000

Copyright © 2010-2014 Winston-Salem State University