Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
AWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FINANCIAL AID
NOTE: This is a summary of the Award Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid. If there are any differences between this summary and the full Terms and Conditions , the full Terms and Conditions will override this summary.
Your acceptance of financial aid indicates that you have read and understand all related terms and conditions of your award.
- I am a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen. I understand that if I am an Eligible non-citizen I may be required to present a current and valid Permanent Resident Form or an Arrival/Departure Form in person to the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) to document my eligibility for federal aid.
- Any federal funds I receive during the award period(s) covered by this award will be used solely for expenses related to my attendance at Winston-Salem State University.
- I must be enrolled as a regular student at least half-time (at least six hours for undergraduate students and at least three hours for graduate students) to receive aid. Exceptions to this requirement are Federal Pell Grants, which are available to less than half-time undergraduate students. Audit credit hours are not included in determining my enrollment status.
- I must meet the requirements of the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy.
- I will notify the OFA immediately:
- If my residency status changes
- If I graduate and immediately re-enroll
- If my status changes from undergraduate to graduate
- If my status changes to non-degree, post baccalaureate or visiting.
- I cannot receive federal and state financial aid from any other college or university for the same award period(s).
- I understand that if I accept a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award, that award is the maximum amount I may earn as a work-study student. I cannot use this award to pay my tuition and fees or my room and board.
- If I withdraw from all of my classes during the semester, federal law may require that I repay all or a portion of the aid received, based on the length of my enrollment.
- I understand that the OFA receives my grades information at the end of each term. If all grades are W’s, I’s, and/or F’s, the OFA is required to determine my official last date of attendance and if necessary, return unearned financial aid to the federal government. I may be required to repay all or a portion of the aid received, based on the length of my enrollment.
- I understand that is my choice to accept or decline student loans awarded to me.
- I understand that summer financial aid is very limited. If I borrow the maximum annual federal loan amount available to me during the fall and spring semesters, I will not be able to use a student loan during the summer session.
- I am responsible for reporting changes in my financial status. If I receive additional funds or financial support from any source, I am required to report these to the OFA. Adjustments to my financial aid package may occur as a result of these additional funds.
- If required, I will provide any additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information to the OFA which may be used to determine my eligibility for financial aid.
- I am responsible for repaying any assistance received as a result of providing incorrect information to the university. I understand that intentionally misreporting information on forms for federal aid is a violation of the law and is considered a criminal offense subject to penalties under the United States Criminal Code.
- I am responsible for repaying my loans. Acceptance of any loan carries a serious legal and financial obligation. Failure to meet this obligation may adversely affect my credit.