Winston-Salem State University
601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
University Recreation is a dynamic organization dependent upon outstanding student staff. Our student staff is dedicated to serving the recreational needs of the campus community while enhancing their personal and professional development. We offer leadership opportunities through student employment.
University Recreation recruits motivated students in the Fall and Spring. The majority of our positions are filled by work-study students, volunteers and interns. Campus job opportunities are highly competitive and are filled by students who have worked or volunteered for us previously.
• Only WSSU students may apply for our student staff positions.
• Students with Work Study grants are encouraged to apply.
• All positions are part-time positions, ranging between 8-15 hours
To apply and begin working or volunteering with University Recreation:
• Apply on RAMTRAK with a full, professional resume. We encourage
applicants to work with the Office of Career Services to produce
an excellent resume.
• Prepare for your interview. Make sure you have reviewed
interview questions and prepared answers. Dress appropriately.
• Attend an information and interview session.
- If you receive a position, return all information requests quickly.
- Attend an orientation and training for your new position.
University Recreation has developed a hiring process to prepare you for a professional job search. From the information session and resume to the interview and orientation, we hope to give students the practical experience of applying for a job after they leave WSSU.
UREC hires students for the following positions:
• Facility Supervisors
• Group Exercise Instructors
Benefits of Working for UREC:
• Leadership experience
• Apply and supplement classroom learning
Full-time Professional Positions
For information on professional staff positions, please visit WSSU Human Resources.