Winston-Salem State University
601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
To help ensure your safe use and enjoyment of our facility and programs, we provide the following list of guidelines for everyone to follow. We may find it necessary to amend or add to these to better serve you. Guidelines may be orally communicated to you, listed on the website or contained on signs posted in the facility. Please review and familiarize yourself with them. Please contact our staff if you have any questions.
· Please allow the previous class to exit before entering the classroom.
· Please be on time. Due to the importance of a sufficient warm-up
period, late participants may be denied entry to class at the
· Participants are encouraged to stay for the entire group exercise class
to ensure the proper cool-down. · All classes are available on a first-come,
first-served basis. Online registration is available for specified classes
beginning at 8 a.m. on the day of the class.
· For the safety of all members, please follow the instructor's routine
and keep conversation to a minimum.
· Fresh workout clothes are strongly recommended. Shirts must be
worn at all times.
· Athletic shoes must be worn at all times unless recommended otherwise
by instructors for classes such as yoga and Pilates. Heels, boots and
street shoes are not permitted in the group fitness rooms.
· Please refrain from wearing perfumes or strong-smelling deodorants; instead follow a good
hygiene regimen to prevent embarrassing situations.
· Water bottles with lids are encouraged in group fitness. Food, gum and other drinks are prohibited.
· Please leave your cell phone in your locker or turn off the ringer during class.
· Your gym bags/personal belongings should be placed in a locker or cubbies. UREC is not
responsible for lost or stolen items.
· All group fitness equipment must stay in the group fitness rooms. Please make every effort to
keep the equipment room neat and organized for the next class.
· GroupX schedules are subject to change.
· Classes will be taught only to groups of three or more.