Winston-Salem State University Mathematics Faceoff
Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) will host the 12th Annual Winston-Salem State University Mathematics Faceoff for the Level III category and the Comprehensive Level, which is for students above Level III math courses. Level III consists of subject areas such as Algebra II, Math III, and Integrated III. The Comprehensive Level consists of courses such as Math IV, Integrated IV, Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus. These contests are sanctioned sites by the NC State Math Contest Committee. The math contests will take place on the campus of Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) on April 17, 2015. Attached is the contest information. Registration is on a first come first serve basis, so please register your team as soon as possible while slots are still available.The objectives of math contest:
- To stimulate interest in mathematics.
- To provide recognition for outstanding mathematics students and outstanding mathematics teachers.
- To provide an opportunity for outstanding students to advance to the state finals and win scholarships.
- To provide a congenial atmosphere in which to learn of each other's ideas and methods of teaching and learning mathematics.
- To have a fun and rewarding experience.
Each contestant will compete individually for awards. In addition to individual awards, winning teams will be determined by the total performance of its four (4) top scoring members in each testing area. A school sending fewer than four members will not be eligible for a team award.