Center of Excellence for the Elimination of Health Disparities (CEEHD)
The mission of the Center of Excellence for the Elimination of Health Disparities - an interdisciplinary, intra-institutional applied health services and research center - is to improve minority health outcomes and eliminate health disparities within the community, state and nation through research, education, and community outreach activities.
- Promote translational studies in basic, clinical, health services, behavior, policy and population-based research aimed at improving minority health outcomes and eliminating health disparities.
- Increase the number of ethnic, racial and socioeconomically underrepresented students, faculty and researchers involved in biomedical, behavioral and health services research.
- Increase the knowledge-base of students, faculty, researchers, healthcare providers and community stakeholders regarding minority health and health disparities.
- Increase the number of ethnic, racial and socioeconomically underrepresented healthcare providers through education and leadership training.
- Disseminate and translate research findings to community residents and provide opportunities for investigators and providers to obtain important information from the community.
- Recommend policies, practices, strategies and programs for healthcare providers, insurers, educators, community organizations and other stakeholders related to improving minority health outcomes and eliminating health disparities.
For more information Click Here.