The Simon Green Atkins Community Development Corporation is revitalizing the housing stock within its target area by renovating dilapidated houses and building new homes. Currently the CDC is completing its final two homes on Excelsior Street and they are for sale. Down payment assistance is available to qualified applicants who wish to purchase homes within the CDC's target area.
The CDC hosts homebuyer orientation workshops for anyone seeking information about the home buying process. The workshops feature local housing counselors and mortgage lenders who answer the following questions:
- Am I ready to purchase a home?
- What are the pros and cons of homeownership?
- What do I do if I have credit issues?
- What is the process of purchasing a home?
- Can I qualify for a mortgage?
If you are interested in attending a workshop or viewing CDC properties for sale, please contact us.