OKelly Library

Kennedy Dining Hall

Kennedy Dining Hall

Kennedy Dining Hall

Construction Date: 1938

Named For: Mayme E. Kennedy

This building was dedicated on March 19, 1939 and served as the dining hall until 1995, when it was demolished to make way for the Cleon F. Thompson Student Services Center. The new Kennedy Dining Hall is located in the Thompson building.

Mayme E. Kennedy, for whom the dining hall is named, was married to Slater Industrial Academy and State Normal School principal Francis Marion Kennedy. Until her death in 1939, she served in numerous capacities at Slater, including supervisor of the dining hall, supervisor of the laundry, and matron of the men's dormitory.

Winston-Salem State University

601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive

Winston-Salem, NC 27110

Phone: (336) 750-2000



Library
Athletics
FOLLOW WSSU
FacebookTwitterYoutube
FlickrBlog
Copyright © 2010-2014 Winston-Salem State University