Information Commons & Research Assistance Desk
Complete Popular DVD List
List of all POPULAR DVD's available
The Information Commons & Research Assistance Desk are located on the First Floor, West Wing. This area also houses the popular DVD collection.
WSSU students, faculty, and staff may checkout popular DVD's for three (3) days.
Failure to return materials after the allotted three (3) day checkout will result in account suspension for a minimum of 45 days and possible fines.
During the Regular Semester Hours, DVD Service hours are the following:
Sunday – 12:00 pm. – 10:00 pm.
Monday through Thursday – 10:00 am. – 10:00 pm.
Friday – 10:00 am. – 5:30 pm.
Saturday – 10:00 am. – 3:30 pm.
At this desk, the cross trained staff assists students and faculty with software and research information needs. Computer programs such as Windows Movie Maker and Microsoft Office Suite are installed on computers here. In Information Commons, patrons can collaborate on group activities and assignments using one of the several widescreen LCD Display Panels in this area. Other materials, such as USB headsets, microphones, and headphones, can be checked out in this area using a Ram Card.
Research Assistance Desk
At the Research Assistance Desk, Library Staff are available to assist individuals who are writing research papers or completing other assignments that require use of library resources such as books, electronic databases, online journal articles, and e-books.
Reference and research librarians provide the following services:
- Directional: Answer general questions about the library and services especially pertaining to logistics such as schedules, floor plans, and policies.
- Contacts: Answer short factual questions using library resources or web based tools, usually 1-5 minutes in length.
- Consultations: Work with library users in instances that require in depth research and may include narrowing/broadening a topic, understanding keyword/subject searching, and use of multiple resources, usually 5 minutes or longer length.
Reference and Research Librarians do not:
- Proofread or edit student papers. Students are advised to consult the Writing Center for assistance.
- Interpret class assignments. Students will be referred to their instructor.
- Interpret medical, legal, financial or statistical information.
Appointments can be scheduled with specific librarians. Librarians work one-on-one with patrons until they have completed their research.
Research Assistance Contact Options: