Darius M. Cureton
B.A. in English, Winston-Salem State University, 2000
M.A. in English & African American Literature, North Carolina A&T State University, 2001
Since being hired at the university in 2002, Darius has served on numerous university committees which include the University Assessment Committee, the Academic Athletic Council, and the United Way Campaign Committee. He has also served the Department of English in a variety of capacities including being the Chair of the Creative Writing Committee, being a member of the Department's Assessment, Strategic Planning & Recruitment teams.
Darius's passion is still teaching as he still teaches traditional student Freshman Composition Courses. His hope is that he can continue to help students gain a better understanding of English and writing as they are skills that are highly regarded in today's society; as well as having a little fun while doing it.
- Freshman Composition I (ENG 1301): Traditional, Accelerated, Honors, and Distance Learning
- Freshman Composition II (ENG 1302): Traditional, Accelerated, and Honors
- "The State of the NAA." The Podium. Fall 2003. Official Publication of Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma Fraternity/Sorority Inc.
- "The Future of HBCUs." Ynobe Community Newsletter. (2000). Ynobe—Reflections of Ebony. Oct. 2000. http://www.ynobe.com.
- Polk 2000." In Between Days. (1999). The International Library of Poetry. Alyssa R. Stokes-Reinhardt, Editor.
- "A New Age in Animation." RAMA. 1:1 (2002). Apr. 1999.
- WSSU Master Teacher Program – WSSU: Spring 2012
- WSSU O'Kelly Library – OK Scholars: Spring 2011
- Wilma Lassiter Master Teacher Award – WSSU: Spring 2005
- "Real Men Teach." Presentation at the NC Minority Male Mentoring Conference – Raleigh, NC. Spring 2012.
- "What Chu Talkin' About – Codeswitching in Various Environments." Presentation at the WSSU "Attitude Matters" student conference. Spring 2010 & 2011.
- "Writing & Communication." Presentation for Real Men Teach Induction Week. Spring 2011.
- "Public Speaking – The Blueprint for Success." Presentation for Real Men Teach. Fall 2009.
- "The Interview Process." Workshop for HCOP Summer Program. June 2005.
- "Choosing the Right Graduate School for You." Presentation at the Fall 2003 English and Foreign Languages Dept. "Mix and Mingle." October 2003.
- Assessing Your Writing Skills. Office of Student Support Services at WSSU. Fall 2003.
- Microsoft Word and General Word Processing Applications. Department of English and Foreign Languages at WSSU. Fall 2002.