Master of Healthcare Administration
Stephen Aragon, Ph.D., MHA
Department of Healthcare Management
F.L. Atkins Annex, Rm 138
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2015 ENROLLMENT
Healthcare Administration is one of today’s most dynamic and growing fields, with a wide range of opportunities and challenges. Healthcare executives can work in many settings, including hospitals, integrated delivery systems, managed care organizations, long-term care facilities, home health agencies, medical practices, federal and state health programs, consulting firms, and many others. Healthcare administration offers individuals a flexible career and the potential for good advancement. As important, the field offers graduates the chance to have a positive influence on the healthcare of individuals, families, and the communities in which they live. Healthcare administrators are professionally trained in management to ensure that their organizations have the medical, operational, and financial resources to address a wide variety of healthcare needs.
The graduates of this program should be prepared to . . .
1. communicate effectively in oral and written formats
2. demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors
3. demonstrate sensitivity to disparities, cultural and individual
4. demonstrate effective critical thinking skills, including analytical
reasoning and problem-solving abilities
5. determine organizational, team, and leadership requirements for
effective people and client management
6. assess own strengths and areas needed to improve
7. demonstrate knowledge in courses related to health sciences, healthcare and business
8. demonstrate mastery of the curriculum competency model which focuses on leadership,
communication and relationship management, knowledge of the healthcare environment,
professionalism and business skills and knowledge
MASTER OF HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION
Healthcare is the country’s leading industry in revenue and second largest employer with over 11 million jobs in the field. Of those positions, the most in demand are in healthcare administration which employs professionals to manage healthcare operations and services within health care facilities and across health care systems.