Mission and Vision
Mission - The Mission of the School of Health Sciences is to educate diverse health professionals who are culturally competent leaders committed to addressing health disparities through teaching, scholarship and service.
Vision - The School of Health Sciences strives to be a state-of-the-art educational organization, which prepares outstanding health professionals through a world-renowned faculty whose members are leading educators and researchers in their respective specialties.
Values - The School of Health Sciences (SOHS) places a high priority on its students, staff and faculty adopting the following set of values:
- Cultural Competence- The SOHS strives to promote culturally competence in its educational, service, clinical, and research endeavors by increasing exposure and consciousness among its constituents. The SOHS will promote diversity and embrace opportunities for increased understanding and awareness.
- Excellence- The SOHS strives to achieve excellence in all of its educational, research, and services endeavors through the highest levels of transparent, objective, and ethical intellectual standards.
- Social Responsibility- The SOHS is committed to improving equal access to healthcare and reducing and eliminating health disparities among populations, especially within North Carolina The SOHS advocates compassion for the physical, emotional, and social well-being of the communities served. It also strives to make the most effective and efficient use of all resources.
- Leadership- The SOHS will empower leadership among faculty, staff, and students enabling them to be change agents in the communities we serve.
- Service- The SOHS is committed to serving local, national, and international communities by of diversity in the provision of quality healthcare practices.