Dr. Amanda Price
Amanda Alise Price
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology (Statistics), University of Miami- Defense passed, Awaiting degree conferral.
- B.S.Ed. in Exercise Physiology, University of Miami, 2010.
Amanda Alise Price is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Exercise Science at Winston-Salem State University. She was born and raised in Sanford, NC. Her family later moved to Atlanta, GA, where she completed middle school and high school. For college, she journeyed 800 miles south to attend the University of Miami in Coral Gables, FL, counter to her parents' wishes since they are both Wake Forest University Alumni. She had the opportunity to stay at the University of Miami for all of her education, going straight from her undergraduate degree to her Ph.D. Her academic career has been centered on the prevention and treatment of obesity and its related diseases and she is especially passionate about developing and contributing to programs that teach people realistic and sustainable ways to maintain a healthy weight and adopt healthy lifestyles. In her free time, she enjoys training for and racing in running events (5ks, 10ks, ½ marathons, and marathons) and also triathlons. When she isn't training, you can find her watching college sports or shopping.
- EXS 2122- Physiological Basis for Human Movement Laboratory
- EXS 3321- Exercise Physiology
- EXS 4317- Applied Research
- EXS 4334- Science of Resistance Training
- Price, AA; Musto, AA; Ahn, S; Perry, AC; Jacobs, KA. Physical Activity Participation Depends on Transtheoretical Model Stage in Female College Freshmen upon Entering College. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting (Indianapolis, IN), 2013.
- Price, AA; Rittenhouse, B. Reinventing the GSA at the University of Miami. National Association for Graduate-Professional Students National Conference (Durham, NC), 2012.
- Price, AA. Health Insurance Negotiations. National Association for Graduate-
- Professional Students National Conference (Boulder, CO), 2011.
- The Florida Education Fund McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, 2010-2013.
- School of Education and Human Development Barbara Marks Scholarship, University of Miami, 2010-2013.
- Who's Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities, 2013.
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda- Honor Society for Graduate-Professional School Students, 2011.
- Featured in the Annual Report of the University of Miami Graduate School, 2010-2011.
- School of Education and Human Development Dean's Award for Scholarship in Exercise Physiology, University of Miami, 2010.