Vicki L. Grant
B.A., English Major, Mass Communications Minor Virginia State University, 1985
I joined the School of Education and Human Performance Department June 2006. Currently, I am the Retention Advisor for the Teacher Education Advisement and Partnership (TEAP Center). My responsibilities include, identifying critical issues relevant to maintaining and graduating students in the Teacher Education Program. My responsibilities include designing and implementing methods and activities that will increase the retention rates of education students.
Additional duties include...
- Aid academic advisement for pre-admitted education students.
- Assist students prepare to apply to the Teacher Education Program.
- Assist undergraduates and lateral entry teachers as well as certificate-only candidates in applying for state licensure.
- Maintain data for compliance, accreditation, regulation and departmental recording purposed.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Organize and facilitate workshops, create fliers, and videos for TEAP Center.