Early Field Experience Guidelines
2012-2013 Early Field Experiences Guidelines for Inclusion in Syllabi
Dear Teacher Candidate:
You are enrolled in an education course that requires successful completion of a field experience component. In order to fulfill the field experience requirement for this course, you must satisfactorily complete related assignments. Please follow placement procedures below:
1) Acquire professional liability insurance through one of the following options and submit proof of insurance as an email attachment after you complete your Early Field Experience Placement Request Form:
• Specialty area professional organization
• Place of employment
2) Obtain and email your proof of liability insurance (your welcome letter showing coverage dates) to OFCE@wssu.edu by September 7, 2012 (for fall placements) or February 1, 2013 for spring placements. Previously purchased liability insurance may have expired. Please verify currency either from receipts (if applicable) or by checking with the provider.
3) Complete your SEHP Early Field Experiences Placement Request Form (included in this packet)
4) Pick up the Early Field Experience Packet in AC 217 after you receive your placement confirmation via email. Packets will include an informational letter, a log sheet for duplication as necessary, and evaluation forms to be completed by your cooperating teachers and returned to AC 217. Submit your signed log sheets to your course instructor by Fri., November 30, 2012 (fall placements) or Tues., April 30, 2013 (spring placements). Remember to retain a copy for your personal file.
Thank you for following Office of Field and Clinical Experiences procedures and policies.
Failure to complete required field experiences and assignments may adversely affect your grade for the related course.
No new requests will be accepted after:
• September 7, 2012 (for fall placements)
• February 1, 2013 (for spring placements)