Finalists for Director of Athletics to Visit WSSU
After reviewing over sixty applications and conducting initial interviews, a search committee has narrowed the pool for Winston-Salem State University’s next Director of Athletics to three candidates.
The candidates are:
Reporting directly to the Chancellor, this position leads and administers all aspects of oversight, development, management, coordination and supervision of a competitive Division II intercollegiate athletics department with eleven sports programs, over 40 coaches and support staff, and approximately 275 student-athletes. This position is the senior most strategic leader of the athletic department and serves as the University's principal representative in the field of intercollegiate athletics.
- Lester Arnold, Human Resources
- Cynthia Williams Brown, Health, P.E. and Sports Studies
- Victor Bruinton, Winston-Salem State National Alumni Association
- Brittany Carpenter, Winston-Salem State Student
- Jay Davis, Integrated Marketing Communications
- James Dubose, Department of Athletics
- Cornelius Graves, Government Relations
- Janeya Laws, Winston-Salem State Student
- Michael Magruder, Music
- Wilbourne Rusere, Finance & Administration
- Letitia Wall, Academic Affairs, Committee Chair
- Harden “Butch” Wheeler, Winston-Salem State Athletics Hall of Fame
The candidates will visit WSSU starting on April 22, 2019. As part of the visit, each will give a one-hour formal campus presentation.
April 22, 2019 - John D. Lewis
DJR Campus Hall
April 24, 2019 - Enzley Mitchell, IV
Thompson Center 207BC
Thompson Center 207C