The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) team is an enthusiastic group of ambassadors for Winston-Salem State University and its brand. The goal of IMC is to positively influence the public's awareness and understanding of the university. IMC collaborates with campus partners to strengthen WSSU’s visibility and brand to internal and external constituents.
IMC focuses on high-level priorities that enhance institutional branding, recruitment initiatives, and fundraising endeavors.
- Project intake processes designed to identify goals and measurable metrics for all IMC-produced materials.
- Project management system with clear processes, tracking, and approvals.
- Comprehensive marketing and communications strategies that are outcomes-focused.
- Self-service tools and templates that empower our clients to create invitations, fliers, posters, fact sheets, and other print collateral.
IMC's marketing and communications professionals have extensive experience in higher education, the private sector, non-profit organizations, and print and broadcast media. With our strong and varied backgrounds, we build teams that help clients reach their comprehensive, outcomes-focused, strategic goals while integrating the overall marketing strategy of the university.
IMC offers a diverse portfolio of services
IMC is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the university's brand and championing its growth and significance among key constituencies.
- IMC works to position WSSU for greater visibility through various marketing and communications platforms.
- Consistent branding goes beyond making the university’s materials more readily recognizable. Effective branding motivates people.
- By communicating in a consistent, compelling manner, we can motivate potential students, faculty, alumni, business leaders and donors to understand, admire, and participate in the WSSU experience.
- Campus Announcements are sent out once a week on Wednesdays.
- Submissions must be received no later than noon on Tuesday in order to be included in the email.
- Announcements are compiled into a plain text format email that is sent to students, faculty, and staff.
- All announcements must pertain to official university business or university-sponsored activities for faculty and staff or for the entire WSSU community.
25Live University Calendar
- The 25Live calendar is the best way to promote your events, trainings, and university-sponsored activities.
- Using 25Live allows you to post details about your events, reserve rooms, and include photos and flyers to increase interest in your event.
- All faculty and staff have access to 25Live.
- To be added as a user, please contact your administrator.
IMC provides the university community with branded high-quality print, digital, and non-traditional design solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of its clients.
- We serve as the brand clearinghouse to protect brand standards internally and externally.
- The design and production team focuses on high-level priorities that enhance strategic branding, recruitment initiatives, and fundraising endeavors.
- IMC now offers several self-service tools and templates that empower our clients to create invitations, fliers, posters, fact sheets, and other print collateral.
IMC works to develop relationships with the media to garner interest in telling the WSSU story by:
- Following national news trends.
- Proactively positioning faculty and staff as experts for both local and national media.
- Working with departments across campus to develop strategies to communicate WSSU’s successes, highlight its programs, and demonstrate the impact it has on the community.
- Creating accurate, timely, and authentic communications.
- Inspiring engagement, foster community and build awareness for WSSU’s distinctive vision and value.
- Supporting the university community in publicizing WSSU events, programs and strategies among faculty, staff and other internal audiences.
WSSU Photography Services produces high-level dynamic content with a focus on enhancing strategic branding, recruitment initiatives, and fundraising endeavors.
- Images captured by the university photographer help tell WSSU’s story in a professional manner.
- The university photographer works in conjunction with the entire IMC team on comprehensive marketing and communications projects that are outcomes-focused.
- If you would like to request photography services, please contact the university photographer at least five business days in advance.
IMC provides leadership and strategic direction in digital communications activities including:
- Content development and integration
- Social media management
- Email marketing
- Online advertising
- Search engine optimization
- Other emerging technologies
- The suite of digital tools is integral to comprehensive communications plans and is interwoven through all IMC efforts.
- Much of the focus is on high-level priorities that enhance strategic branding, recruitment initiatives, and fundraising endeavors.
IMC provides video services in support of WSSU's strategic marketing priorities.
- Projects that support institutional branding, student recruitment, and fundraising initiatives and those that promote major institutional events to the general public are given priority.
- Video services required for instructional use or for internal or archival purposes are referred outside of IMC.
- If you have questions about video production, please contact IMC and we can give you guidance or direct you to helpful resources.
IMC creates high-quality written content that supports institutional branding, student recruitment, fundraising initiatives, and major institutional events.
The writing and editing staff collaborates with the entire IMC team to create comprehensive marketing materials.
IMC staff will work with clients on proofreading and brand review.
This section contains all the tools you'll need to reach your marketing communications goals, including IMC team contact info, request forms, and step by step processes for requesting services.
This section contains WSSU's logos, colors, typefaces, and all of the elements that work together to create and maintain the desired emotional and intellectual connection with our audiences.