Singing Rams prepare for eight state tour
Winston-Salem State University's Singing Rams are hitting the road for spring, with 12 stops in eight states starting on March 9.
First up for the Singing Rams – The WSSU Choir, The Burke Singers, Schola Cantorum and the Singing Divas – is their Spring Tour, which includes nine stops in six states.
- Friday, March 9 (1 p.m.): Performing Arts High School, Newark, New Jersey
- Saturday, March 10 (4 p.m.): Bethany Baptist Church, Newark, New Jersey
- Sunday, March 11 (4 p.m.): Bright Hope Baptist Church, Philadelphia (tickets available)
- Monday, March 12 (7 p.m.): Jackson Memorial AME Zion Church, Hempstead, New York
- Tuesday, March 13 (7 p.m.): Redeemer Lutheran Church, Columbus, Ohio
- Wednesday, March 14 (7 p.m.): Bibleway Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Columbus, Ohio
- Thursday, March 15 (7 p.m.): St. Michael’s and All Angels Episcopal Church, South Bend, Indiana
- Saturday, March 17 (4 p.m.): Providence Baptist Church, Baltimore, Maryland
- Sunday, March 18 (4 p.m.): Fort Foote Baptist Church, Fort Washington, Maryland
April 6-9, The Singing Rams will hit the road again for a mini-Southern tour, with stops in Georgia and Birmingham, Alabama. Admission to all concerts, except where noted above, is free (a free will donation will be taken).
The Grammy-nominated Singing Rams have performed nationally and internationally and recorded 10 CDs. They are under the direction of Maestra D'Walla Simmons-Burke. The accompanist for the tour is Dr. Myron Brown.
The students will perform again in Winston-Salem for the annual Spring Concert at 4 p.m. on Sunday, April 29, St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church 2575 Parkway Drive. The Singing Rams will be joined by baritone Kenneth Overton and The Winston-Salem Preparatory High School Choir under the direction of WSSU Singing Ram Alumna Renee Matthews. The concert will be themed: “Sing Down Justice: Songs of Life, Justice and Hope.”
For more information, please contact 336-750-2525 or email@example.com.