From the minute you walk onto campus you are welcomed as a member of the Ram Family. You will discover our warm, diverse, nurturing community that “feels like home.” Welcome to WSSU. Welcome home.
Your residence hall is your “home away from home.” You will be welcomed into a safe, caring, and comfortable living space that allows you to have fun and make friends while pursuing your academic goals. Be part of learning experiences that expand your horizons and prepare you for life in the
There are four residence halls for first-year students: Atkins, Brown, Martin-Schexnider, and Moore.
The DJR Student Activities Center is an ultra-modern 96,000 square foot building that combines full fitness facilities, a food court, game room, meeting spaces, and lounges.
- Food court featuring Popeyes Chicken, Burger Studio, Subway, and Topio’s Pizza
- Game room with video games and billiards
- Student lounge space with a fireplace
- Indoor waterfall
- Commuter lounge for commuting and non-traditional students
University Recreation creates opportunities for the WSSU community to engage in fun, recreational and fitness activities, challenging our campus to connect education and lifelong wellness.
- Three floors of amenities
- Two basketball courts
- Indoor track
- Cardio room
- Boxing area
- Cycling studio
- TRX group training system
- Weight room
- Bike rentals
- Outdoor facilities
- Group classes
- Intramural sports
- Club sports
This is where the fun begins! WSSU Student Activities & Engagement offers events, programs, activities, and initiatives that make your college experience stimulating, exciting, and fulfilling. Celebrity concerts. Comedy performances. Lectures by world-renowned speakers. Black History Month and Women’s History Month celebrations.
Student Activities & Engagement will connect you with the following organizations and activities:
- Greek Life—Join one of the seven of “The Divine Nine” fraternities and sororities on campus.
- Student Clubs & Organizations—Become a member of 1 or 100 organizations. Meet people who share your love of languages, service, music, drama, dance, modeling, science, and more.
- Student Government Association—Get involved & develop your leadership skills.
- Intramural Sports—Compete in intramural and extramural competitions and club sports.
- Club Sports
- Laid-Back Adventures—Take part in video game competitions, billiards, ping pong, bowling and skate nights.
We will help you develop your leadership skills by giving you hands-on opportunities to live out the mission of the university motto “Enter to Learn. Depart to Serve.”
WSSU offers you a vibrant social life with university-sponsored events and casual gathering with friends. Participating in Homecoming celebrations. Seminars and cultural events. Attending football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and cross-country competitions with CIAA Champion Rams. Greek life. Enjoying video game competitions, bowling and skate nights. Gym jams. Club and intramural sports. Joining over 100 clubs and organizations where people share your love of languages, service, music, drama, dance, modeling, science, and more.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Become a member of 1 or 100 organizations. Meet people who share your love of languages, service, health, music, drama, dance, mentoring, modeling, science, and more.
WSSU has honor societies in English, interdisciplinary studies, information technology, business, accounting, economics, biological sciences, sociology, social work, gerontology, history, and social sciences, and more.
WSSU graduates champions! We have eleven talented teams that pursue excellence and bring home championship titles.
Men’s Sports: Baseball ▪ Basketball ▪ Cross Country ▪ Football
Women’s Sports Basketball ▪ Cheerleading ▪ Cross Country ▪ Softball ▪ Tennis ▪ Track & Field ▪ Volleyball
Coaches who are passionate about:
- Academic performance—85+ student-athletes regularly make the Dean’s List every semester.
- Competitive success—Rams win championship titles in multiple sports each year.
- Leadership development—Rams engage in thousands of hours of community service annually.
The Student Success Center (SSC) is a “one stop shop” that provides you with the support you need to achieve your academic goals.
Located in the heart of campus, the SSC is welcoming place to meet with your academic advisor, find help writing a paper, and receive professional and peer tutoring. Use the computer labs, lounge in the airy open spaces, grab a snack at Einstein Bros Bagels, or chill on the patio. We can help you learn about internships, study abroad, and ways to map out your future with the expertise offered at the Career Development Services Office.
The motto of University College and Lifelong Learning (UCaLL) is “You call, we answer!” We are here to provide you with academic guidance, learning support services, and ways to define yourself and your career goals.
UCaLL connects you with your class deans, academic success counselors, professional tutors and writing consultants, and a host of other supportive staff who help you to have a positive experience at WSSU.
- Links you with tutoring, supplemental instruction, and learning centers.
- Introduces you to skills-enhancement activities.
- Invites you to workshops, seminars, and group activities that develop your competence and confidence.
Student Government Association (SGA)
Leadership opportunities abound at WSSU. We have an extremely active Student Government Association (SGA). SGA serves as the primary representatives and advocates who gather student opinions and actively shares student views with WSSU faculty and administration.
Career Development Services is here for you from the very beginning.
We will help you:
- Discover your skills and interests.
- Identify and explore career options.
- Find out about student employment.
- Seek internships.
- Formulate your goals.
- Take part in job fairs and career days.
- Get coaching about resumes, cover letters, and job interviews.
- Assist you in attaining your desired career outcomes.
- “Through the Archway” procession and “Lambs to Rams” pinning ceremony for freshmen who have completed the Ramdition student orientation.
- Football Games
- Founder’s Day
- Homecoming Coronation Ball
- Greek Week
- International Week
- WSSU Choir Holiday Concert
- Black History Month
- Women’s History Month
- CIAA Basketball Tournament
- Scholarship Day
- Honors Convocation
- Senior Class Gala
The world is becoming increasingly interdependent, and employers and graduate schools often prefer applicants with global experience.
Studying abroad allows you to:
- Gain insight into new cultures.
- Develop foreign language skills.
- Expand your horizons.
- Enhance your understanding of global interdependence.
Many resources are available to you, which will help you to be successful during your stay here. Call or come by. We can help with most physical health, mental health, and substance abuse concerns.