Explore Your Degree Options
Find the right major for you. At Winston-Salem State University, whatever your professional passion, you’ll gain skills that empower you to make a difference in the world.
Our HBCU community is diverse, but we’re united by our commitment to equity and social justice — that’s why WSSU ranks among the top 10 HBCUs Changing the World. Whichever area sparks your spirit, from accounting to teaching undergraduate programs, from MBA to DPT graduate programs, your WSSU education will prepare you to transform communities and make a positive impact through your industry.
Your undergraduate degree at Winston-Salem State will help you become a more competitive job applicant. You’ll stand out to employers thanks to the real-world experience you’ll gain here: Many WSSU undergraduate programs offer hands-on research or study abroad options, and our industry-connected faculty help open a network of internships for you to consider.
Most students in our “Ramily” study on campus, but many of our faculty also offer undergraduate programs online, so your studies fit your schedule — not the other way around.
Jump to a full list of undergraduate programs below.
Graduate Programs and Professional Programs
Your postgraduate degree from Winston-Salem State will support you in your career advancement, opening doors for new job opportunities and salary negotiations. You’ll know your future is in good hands with the graduate and professional programs we offer at WSSU, the #1 HBCU in the nation for social mobility.
Jump to a full list of graduate programs and professional programs below.
Areas of Interest
Not sure where your heart lies yet? Let us help you decide, or explore these areas to find the field that speaks to you.
Arts and Entertainment
Business and Entrepreneurship
Communication, Languages and Media
Health and Fitness
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Social Justice and Advocacy
Find the area that resonates with you most by exploring our broad variety of undergraduate programs below. You can also visit the WSSU College of Arts, Sciences, Business and Education or the WSSU School of Health Sciences for more details.
Majors & Concentrations
- Finance | BSBA Concentration
- Gerontology | BA
- Healthcare Management | BS
- History | BA
- Information Technology | BS
- Interdisciplinary Studies | BIS
- Justice Studies | BA
- Management | BSBA Concentration
- Marketing | BSBA Concentration
- Mass Communications | BA
- Mathematics | BS
- MIS | BSBA Concentration
- Motorsport Management | BS
WSSU Graduate & Professional Programs
Our advanced degree offerings cover every option, from the traditional MBA to our innovative 5-Year BS–MS (4+1) MCST track. Whichever track you pursue, you’ll graduate prepared to make your mark on the world with the skills you honed at WSSU.
Learn more about each option below, or visit our FAQs page for graduate programs and professional programs to learn more.
- Advanced Nurse Educator Certificate
- Certificate in Computer Programming
- Certificate in Data Analytics
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Mental Health Certificate in Occupational Therapy
- Master of Arts in Teaching | MAT
- Master of Business Administration | MBA
- Master of Healthcare Administration | MHA
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology | MCST
- 5-Year (4+1) BS-MS Degree Computer Science and Information Technology | MCST
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy | MSOT
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling | MSRC
- Master of Science in Nursing | MSN