WSSU Homecoming 2022 safety message from Chief Henry
Dear WSSU Campus Community,
We are all looking forward to Winston-Salem State University Forever Red Homecoming which runs from September 25 to October 2. This year is especially exciting because it will be our first full Homecoming since 2019 and we are celebrating the university’s 130th Birthday.
Chancellor Robinson, Campus Police and Public Safety, and partners across campus are taking a proactive approach to ensure that Homecoming 2022 is a safe experience for everyone.
Plan Ahead: Download the Homecoming RAMGuide App
A huge part of being safe is being prepared and staying connected. You can download the RAMGuide and make plans, purchase event tickets, and connect with friends using the “Head to Head” feature.
Join Student Affairs, Campus Police, and Friends for “A Ramily Affair”
September 26 noon-3 p.m. | Thompson Center Breezeway
Join Student Affairs, Campus Police, the Wellness Center, IVP, and Community Standards and Civility on the Breezeway for tips about how to have a safe and happy Homecoming. There will be music, refreshments, and good information for you.
Plan Ahead, Pay Attention to Your Surroundings, and Make Good Decisions
- Have a designated driver for both on- and off-campus events.
- Be sure to park in well-lit areas.
- If you come with a group, leave with a group.
- Be careful crossing streets, especially MLK Jr. Drive. Obey traffic signals and use designated pedestrian walkways.
- Do not consume alcohol if you are less than 21 years of age.
- If you are of legal age to consume alcohol, please drink responsibly. Alcohol is prohibited in the residence halls.
- Do not accept open container drinks from people you do not know well.
- Keep your cell phone, ID, and belongings close by.
WSSU Campus Police Are Here for You. If You See Something, Say Something
- Campus Police will be present at all large events.
- Make sure to download WSSU’s official safety app Rave Guardian.
- Call the Campus Police emergency or non-emergency number if necessary:
- Emergency number: 336-750-2911
- Non-emergency number: 336-750-2900
Homecoming 2022 is going to be a great time. We look forward to seeing you.
Chief Amir Henry