Vision, Mission & Values
Winston-Salem State University, a comprehensive public institution, is a premier national leader in advancing equity and upward mobility where we unleash the genius of individuals and empower them to transform the world.
As a historically Black college and university guided by the motto “Enter to Learn, Depart to Serve,” Winston-Salem State University cultivates the genius of interconnected learners through academic excellence, transformative scholarship, and impactful engagement to produce equity-minded, highly competent, and productive citizens. Winston-Salem State University aims to enhance the lives and livelihoods of its students, the people of North Carolina, and persons around the world.
As a community of learners, we uphold certain basic values that inform our thinking and guide our behaviors.
- “Ramily” Matters | We care, serve, and inspire.
- Be Fair | We are impartial and create unique opportunities for all to succeed.
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game | We exceed expectations because excellence is our standard.
- Do the Right Thing | We act consistently with honor.
- Create the Future | We challenge norms by generating fresh ideas and inventing new realities.