Thank you for your interest in the physical therapy program offered by Winston-Salem State University. We are pleased that you are considering our program for your professional training. Required application documentation including prerequisite courses is displayed on the WSSU Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service page. Instructions for submission of your application are also posted on this site. Please visit the PTCAS site for all information.
A seat fee is required once you have been accepted into the program.
- PTCAS Application Portal Opening Date: June 15, 2022
- Priority Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Final Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Before the Final Application Deadline, applicants must submit:
- Required information via PTCAS application
- Required $50 WSSU Supplemental Application Fee
- Make your check, certified check or money order payable to WSSU Admissions/Physical Therapy. Please include your PTCAS ID on the memo line of your method of payment.
Where to Submit
Office of Graduate Admissions
Winston-Salem State University
Anderson Center - Suite 137
601 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
All supporting documents from PTCAS will be transferred to WSSU. A personal interview may be required for all competitive applicants.
Open House Information
Open House information sessions are held in the Fall/Winter to provide prospective students the opportunity to: visit with current faculty/students, learn more about the program requirements and curriculum, and participate in an informal Q&A session regarding the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
**We have established new Open House dates for the 2022-2023 cycle!**
Please refer to the dates and times below for the 2022-2023 Open House information sessions. Registration links will be posted as we begin to approach the Fall/Winter months, so be sure to check back to this page and stay tuned to the WSSU DPT Facebook page for further registration information and updates.
- Friday, August 12, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00pm
- Friday, September 23, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00pm
- Friday, October 21, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00pm
- Friday, November 4, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00pm
- Friday, December 2, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00pm
**Important Visitor Information**To help keep our campus community safe during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we ask all visitors to:
- Maintain proper social distancing from all faculty, staff, and students
- Please do not report to campus if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Flu-like symptoms such as Coughing, Sore Throat, Fatigue
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Have been in contact with a person with confirmed case of coronavirus