Healthy Relationships. Healthy Choices.
CRITICAL LIFE SKILLS FOR NEW STUDENTS
WSSU wants to work together with you to create a fun, healthy and vibrant campus community. As part of that commitment, we require all incoming students to complete Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, AlcoholEdu, Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention, and Transit Financial Wellness. These non-opinionated, research-based courses that provide a unique learning experience regarding important prevention skills and strategies.
In Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, students learn about the elements of healthy relationships, the importance of sexual consent, and the role of bystanders in creating safe, healthy communities. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention prepares students to identify signs of abuse and addiction and equips learners with tactics for refusal and bystander intervention.Transit Financial Wellness will help you learn how to manage finances during college and beyond.
Let's get started!
|Deadline for Part 1 of each course||Friday, September 11, 2020|
|Deadline for Part 2 of each course||Monday, October 12, 2020|
- You will use your RAM ID to login to Everfi
- This is the same login you used to apply for housing, pay the Ramdition fee, check your MyWSSU account, and to complete other enrollment requirements.
REQUIREMENTS - TIPS - SUPPORT
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use a major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course or by visiting support.everfi.com.
AlcoholEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention, and Transit offer a confidential, personalized experience for each student, which includes:
- Engaging content featuring videos and hands-on activities
- Helpful tools to learn about the effects of alcohol and identify risk situations
- Information to help you grow personally and professionally
- Activities and scenarios to define and promote healthy relationships
- Campus-specific and national resources and policies
- Rich and in-depth skill-building scenarios
- 87% of students report that AlcoholEdu taught them how to prevent an alcohol overdose
- 84% reported AlcoholEdu prepared them to help someone who may have alcohol poisoning
- 83% report that AlcoholEdu taught them how to establish a plan ahead of time to make responsible decisions about drinking
- 83% of students who took EVERFI’s sexual assault prevention course said they are confident in their ability to intervene in a potential sexual assault situation
- 87% said they can identify concerning behaviors related to abuse in relationships
- 95% said they would respect someone who intervened to prevent sexual assault
- 91% said they would take action in a situation in which someone was taking advantage of someone sexually