If you have always dreamed of making a difference, pursuing a career in education may be the path for you. WSSU's Birth-Kindergarten Education program offers you the choice of three concentrations:
- Birth through Kindergarten Education Teacher Licensure Concentration
- Birth through Kindergarten Business Optional Concentration
- Early Intervention and Preschool Concentration
Graduates leave the program armed with the knowledge, skills, and disposition to work with typical and atypical children, ages birth through five years. The Birth-Kindergarten Education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the NC State Board of Education.
- Direct Service
- Program Manager
- Exceptional Children in the Regular Classroom
- Integrating Media and Technology in P-12 Settings
- Responsive Pedagogy
- Family Lifespan Development
I love how important our motto "Enter to Learn. Depart to Serve" is on campus. There are so many opportunities to be able to give back and serve the community.