A MIND For Business. A HEART For Healthcare. A Degree For BOTH.
WSSU's MHA program prepares you for one of today’s most dynamic and growing fields. Healthcare administration offers you a flexible career and opportunities for advancement. WSSU positions you to make a positive influence on the healthcare of individuals, families, and the communities in which they live.
- Tue, Nov 7, 2023 @ 5:30pm
- Thu, Jan 25, 2024 @ 5:30pm
Ready to move your career in healthcare forward?
Join us for an upcoming MHA Info Session.
- Learn how you could leverage the WSSU MHA.
- Meet faculty,
- Get the details about Admissions requirements and process.
- Here from a student panels (when available).
WSSU's MHA program is ranked the number 4 most affordable MHA program in the US (one of only two HBCUs to make the list).
WSSU's Master of Healthcare Administration program strives to increase the participation of underrepresented populations in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. With a focus on learning and service, students from culturally diverse backgrounds fulfill their potential as leaders in healthcare management.
The MHA program provides a comprehensive graduate experience designed for working professionals who are in the early stages of their careers. The flexible online format and the support of the mentor/advisor team will enable you to meet the goals of each semester.
No GMAT or GRE required. (see alternative assessment listed below)
Healthcare is the country’s leading industry in revenue and second largest employer. Led by a mixture of faculty drawn from academic and professional backgrounds, you will gain competencies in management and business functions that are applicable to a wide range of healthcare organizations. Potential career settings in this high growth market include:
- Integrated Delivery Systems
- Managed Care Organization
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Medical Practices
- Federal And State Health Programs
- Consulting Firms
A concise personal statement, not to exceed 750 words, is required. Please address the following:
- your professional goals and plans to achieve them,
- how your academic training and experience have prepared you for graduate study in healthcare administration, and lastly,
- a potential obstacle to meeting your goals and your strategy for overcoming the challenge.
I love how close I am with my colleagues. Dr. Aragon and Dr. Boykin have been wonderful mentors throughout my entire time at WSSU. I plan to pursue my doctorate when I complete this program.