Please note: This celebration is not a substitution for commencement exercises.
This celebration allows family & friends the opportunity to view their graduates and virtually share the experience. Graduates will be invited to customize their celebration slide and upload a short congratulatory video.
- Winston-Salem State University is excited to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020.
- All spring 2020, fall 2019 and summer 2019 graduates are invited to participate in Virtual Voices - The Class of 2020 Celebration!
- All graduates will be invited back to walk the commencement stage when public health guidelines allow for the traditional graduation experience.
- Please note that participation in the celebration does not indicate all degree requirements have been met.
The Celebration Will Feature Speakers
- Dr. Elwood L. Robinson, Chancellor
- William Gibson, Student Government President
- Jarrett Goins, Senior Class President
A Celebration for Graduates, Family and Friends
- Graduates can share these special moments with family and friends in chat rooms, watch groups, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media.
- Graduates and family members will be able to browse and view a graduate's customized celebration slide as well as photos and message from fellow graduates.
- To protect the privacy of our graduates, only graduates who customize their celebration slide will be displayed.
- Graduates who do not respond will not be displayed.
Winston-Salem State University Commencement Ceremony
Postponed Until Further Notice
Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum
2825 University Parkway
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Dear Winston-Salem State University Class of 2020 and Families,
The health and safety of the Ram Family remain our foremost concerns. Given the projections for the spread of COVID-19, and federal and state regulations about large gatherings, we have made the difficult decision to postpone our May 8, 2020 commencement ceremony.
Commencement is a meaningful and momentous day for our graduates, their loved ones, and the university community. We share your disappointment. We do not want any of our graduates to miss out on the graduation experience so we will be working to reschedule the ceremony for a later date. We will engage members of the Class of 2020 in our planning to ensure the event is memorable. One thing is certain: the Ram Family knows how to celebrate this important milestone!
We thank you for your patience and understanding. We are incredibly disappointed but the health and safety of our graduates and guests must take precedence. For more information on the university’s response to this public health matter, please visit our Coronavirus website.
COVID-19 Update: Winston-Salem State University is actively working on contingency plans and will communicate those plans as appropriate. We do not have any further information at this time but promise to keep our community posted.
Stay In the Know• Stay up-to-date with Commencement news and events on Facebook and Twitter (#WSSUGRAD, #WSSU20)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please be sure to include your banner ID on the
subject line of all Commencement-related correspondence.
Get Ready Guide
The Winston-Salem State University Commencement preparation guide is a one stop shop for what potential graduates need to do in order to be cleared for graduation and ready for commencement day. The university's faculty and staff are here to assist the students in their final steps in this phase of their "Enter Learn, Depart to Serve." path.
While this guide will be a useful resource for the face-to-face ceremony, there is still some important and relevant information for all WSSU graduates to complete prior to the end of the semester. These include the alumni registration process, senior surveys, and exit interviews for student loans. Please continue to use this guide.