If students learn they have been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to departing, please DO NOT come to campus. Instead, contact Student Health Services, 336-750-3301, to report symptoms and exposures.
OPTION 1: ON-CAMPUS TESTING
Upon arriving on campus on your assigned move-in date, and BEFORE proceeding to a residence hall, students will report to the Anderson Center (1545 Reynolds Park Blvd Winston-Salem NC 27107) to complete their COVID-19 test. The testing procedure will be as follows:
- Upon arrival student will enter the Anderson Center and follow the signage to the testing location. Only the student may enter the building.
- Student will check in and receive testing instructions.
- The test will be self-administered with provider supervision and instructions.
- Test results will be available in 15 minutes. Students will be directed to a waiting area.
- After processing, results will be given to the student.
- Students testing negative will be given clearance to report to their residence hall.
- Students testing positive will be instructed to return home or proceed to the on-campus isolation space.
- Persons assisting the student are asked to please remain in the parking lot until testing is complete.
POSITIVE TEST RESULTS
Students with positive test results will be sent to Student Health Services for evaluation. Student will have two options to complete their mandatory isolation period of no less than 10 days. Students are strongly encouraged to return home; however, on-campus isolation space will be available. Students testing positive will not be permitted to check-in to their room assignment.
OPTION 2: BRING NEGATIVE TEST RESULT FROM ALTERNATE PROVIDER
Students may choose to schedule a test in their hometown or place of residence before departing to return to campus. Students should bring their negative COVID-19 test results with them to the on-campus testing site (Anderson Center, 1545 Reynolds Park Blvd, Winston-Salem NC 27101) to be verified BEFORE reporting to the residence halls. The test collection date must be no more than 72 hours prior to the student’s move-in date. The test collection date is the date the student gave a sample for COVID-19 testing. Results dated outside of the three-day window will not be accepted. You may bring a paper copy or have the results on your phone. You will be asked to show your student ID to verify results. Your name must appear on the results.
OPTION 3: GET TESTED AT A RAPID TEST SITE IN FORSYTH COUNTY ON MOVE IN DAY
Students may visit another rapid testing site in Forsyth County and present test results during the move-in process.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Students that have recovered from COVID-19 infection in the last 12 weeks will be asked to present lab test results or medical documentation of their COVID-19 diagnosis. These students may be waived from the re-entry testing process.