The Singing Rams hit the road for spring break
Winston-Salem State University’s Singing Rams are hitting the road for spring break, with seven performances in four states and Washington, D.C., starting on Saturday, March 11.
The Burke Singers and Schola Cantorum, under the director of Maestra D’Walla Simmons-Burke, will perform in the following locations as part of the 2017 Spring Tour:
- Saturday, March 11 (4 p.m.): Sargent Memorial Presbyterian Church, Washington, D.C.
- Sunday, March 12 (10 a.m.): Rehoboth Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
- Sunday, March 12 (4 p.m.): Fort Foote Baptist Church, Fort Washington, Maryland
- Wednesday, March 15 (7 p.m.): Salem United Methodist Church, New York City
- Thursday, March 16 (7 p.m.): Antioch Baptist Church, Cleveland (sponsored by Cuyahoga Community College)
- Friday, March 17 (7 p.m.): Trinity Baptist Church, Columbus, Ohio
- Sunday, March 19 (4 p.m.): Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Shelby, North Carolina
The accompanist for the tour is Dr. Myron Brown. The students will perform again in Winston-Salem for the Spring Concert and Scholarship Benefit at 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 26, at First Baptist Church, 700 N. Highland Ave.