Want to expand your horizons? We can help.
Seeing the world will open your perspective and help you make the most of your potential. With our support, you will:
- Increase your understanding of other cultures.
- Practice your language skills.
- Become an active global citizen.
At the WSSU Office of International Programs, we work to provide U.S.-based WSSU students, WSSU employees and international students from other countries with the resources and knowledge you need to travel.
If you are a:
- U.S.-based WSSU student interested in studying abroad, explore study abroad
- International student interested in attending WSSU, review being an international students @ WSSU
- WSSU faculty or staff member interested in coordinating an international program, check out faculty and staff programs
WSSU International Academic Programs
Our study abroad options offer you much more than a change of scene — they also expand and enrich your education. WSSU international academic programs have included:
- An interdisciplinary seminar exploring identity and race in Brazil.
- An experiential program with site visits, seminars and interactive discussions with scholars, activists and more in Cuba.
- A partnership with the University of Western Cape in South Africa, in which WSSU students studied the differences in health inequity issues between our two countries.
Find out more about WSSU’s current options for international academic programs.
Reasons to Study Abroad
No matter what your dream job is, a WSSU study abroad program will support your success. Your experience abroad can help you stand out on applications for jobs and graduate schools. You’ll gain skills you can use in any profession, across every industry, including:
- Improving your communication skills.
- Opening your mind to see societies and individuals from a different point of view.
- Learning a foreign language.
Traveling thousands of miles to study somewhere you’ve never been can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. The WSSU Office of International Programs can help you find the perfect study abroad option for you.
Still have questions? We have answers in our FAQs about WSSU international programs for study abroad.
How the Office of International Programs Can Help
We will support your WSSU experience, from helping you get a driver’s license to finding legal employment opportunities. Find more information about maintaining your legal status in the U.S., Social Security cards and more here.
Bringing the World to Winston-Salem
Our students count on us to prepare them for success. When we bring lessons from other cultures to our campus in Winston-Salem, we better equip our students to advance equity and justice on a global platform, with cultural context in mind.
Learn more about internationalizing your curriculum or developing collaborations with institutions abroad.
Taking WSSU Students Out Into the World
You — our WSSU faculty and staff — are the key to offering students a fulfilling study abroad experience. Your ingenuity, expertise and connections can spark life-changing international academic programs for our Ramily.
Have a great idea for a faculty-led study abroad program? Submit a proposal.
Interested in learning more about how you can internationalize WSSU? Discover other international program options for faculty and staff.
Take the Next Step
Ignite your passion for travel and #BeTheNext Ram to participate in a WSSU international program today.