Welcome to WSSU! The SPRING ADMITTED STUDENTS PAGE is your resource for completing your enrollment at WSSU.
Completing these steps early in the enrollment process is critical. This determines how we communicate with you, what options are available to you, and whether or not you can move into your residence hall and/or attend classes. PLEASE NOTE: You should complete the following steps as soon as possible after you are admitted
This lets us know you plan to enroll at WSSU. You must complete this step to continue through the enrollment process.
- Log into your RAMAdmissions Portal
- Select "respond to offer of admission."
- Select "confirm or decline admission offer" from drop down.
- Follow the steps on the next screen to accept your offer and confirm your intent to enroll.
Within 2-3 business days AFTER you confirm your intent to enroll, you should receive 2 emails containing instructions for creating your network login.
You must create your network login before you can continue through the following enrollment steps:
- Apply for housing and pay $135 housing application fee
- Register for RAMDITION and pay $165 RAMDITION fee
- Register with MEDICAT and submit your immunization records
- Waive coverage or enroll in the student health insurance plan (Student Blue)
|1||Check the email account you entered on your Admissions application for two emails from the Office of Information Technology (OIT). The first email will include your
The second email will include your temporary password (case sensitive)
|2||Follow the instructions provided in the first email - use your RAM ID and Temporary Password to create your network login.|
|3||Remember your login credentials and keep them secure.|
|NOTE:||If you do not receive the two emails described above, please contact Technology Support Services at 336-750-3431.|
WSSU student email is THE official method for all university communications. It is often the primary source of communication for our students.
Accessing Microsoft 365 for EducationWSSU partners with Microsoft 365 for WSSU student emails. Learn more about how to access your WSSU email account.
December 16, 2022
January 8, 2023
New Student Move-in for students who are RAM-READY
January 9-10, 2023
RAMDITION (New Student Orientation) Begins
January 12, 2023
First Day of Spring Classes
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
New First-Time Freshmen are required to live on campus, unless you qualify for a housing exemption. New First-Time Freshmen are also required to attend RAMDITION (new student orientation).
Transfers are not required to live on campus but are eligible to apply for housing. Transfer living on campus are required to attend RAMDITION (new student orientation).
- $135 housing application fee (required when you apply for housing)
- $165 New Student Programming fee (required for all new first-time freshmen and for transfers living on-campus)
- New Student Programming fee covers the cost of RAMDITION (new student orientation) and activities targeted to new students throughout the spring term
BEFORE YOU START THE PROCESS:
- Create your network login—you will use this login for the housing application and fee payment process
- Know how to log in to your WSSU student email account
- Decide if you want to apply for housing or apply for an on-campus housing exemption
- SAFARI IS THE RECOMMENDED BROWSER FOR COMPLETING THE PROCESS
New First-Time Freshmen Apply for Housing | Apply for Housing Exemption
Transfers Apply for Housing | Pay New Student Programming Fee
We encourage you to submit your 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to WSSU. Financial aid awards are made after the FAFSA has been received by WSSU and reviewed for accuracy and completeness. The award process may take between four to six weeks to complete based on your specific situation. The WSSU FAFSA code is 002986.
Take advantage of the WSSU FATV videos - great resource for all of your questions!
Become Immunization Compliant
New students at WSSU are required to meet the North Carolina Immunization Requirements. You will complete this process through MEDICAT. Check your WSSU email for reminders and updates from MEDICAT.
START THE MEDICAT PROCESS
FIVE THINGS you need to know about Student Blue Health Insurance
- Students must have health insurance
- Students are automatically charged for Student Blue
- Students must enroll in or waive Student Blue coverage
- The Spring 2023 waive/enroll period is now open through January 31, 2023. Students can access the Student Blue website here.
- Student must complete the Student Blue process no later than January 31, 2023
Waive requirements: You must provide proof of other health insurance coverage to waive coverage through Student Blue. Other health insurance includes coverage under a parent/guardian health insurance plan or coverage under your personal plan. Medicaid will not be waived for out of state students due very limited or no medical benefits in North Carolina. Student athletes may not waive the health insurance.
Enroll requirements: If you do not meet the waiver requirements by January 31, 2023, you will remain enrolled in Student Blue Health Insurance.
The health insurance premium automatically appears on your student bill. If you complete the waiver process, and your waiver is approved, the cost will be removed from your student bill.
Submit Final Transcripts (graduating high school seniors only):
- In-State Students: Submit your final high school transcript electronically via your high school or mail your final high school transcript (sealed).
- Out-of-State Student: Mail your final high school transcript (sealed).
WSSU Admissions Office
Anderson Center Suite 137
601 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27110
Your assessments must be completed in order to schedule an appointment for registration. Please make this a priority to ensure the courses that you need are available. Once all assessments are scored, an advisor will be in contact to schedule your advising appointment.
Follow the instructions on the Assessments & Advising page.
Having issues paying your bill? Please try these steps.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PAYING YOUR BILL
Being RAM READY is your ticket to a stress-free successful enrollment at WSSU. You will need to complete these 4 important steps before you can move into a residence hall and attend classes:
- Pay your student bill in full or sign-up for a RAMPay Payment Plan
- Apply for Housing and Pay $300 Enrollment Fee (includes housing application fee and RAMDITION fee)
- Be immunization compliant
- Submit final transcripts