Skip to main content

Your schedule will now be confirmed automatically if you have met the criteria listed below.  The auto-confirmation system replaces the old online validation system.

New Validation/Auto-Confirmation

To have your schedule automatically confirmed you must have:

  • Registered for spring 2019 courses
  • Been assigned to housing (new and incoming students)
  • Selected a meal plan (new and incoming students)
  • Received a financial aid award that is greater than or equal to your term charges
  • Made full payment by credit/debit card and have a zero (or negative balance) on your account

Web Checks and Payment Plans

Payment Note: If you pay your balance in full through a web check or establish a payment plan, your auto-confirmation will be processed between January 3 and January 4, 2019.

Withdrawing from WSSU

If you plan not to return to WSSU for spring 2019 you must withdraw before the deadline of January 10, 2019.  


How to Withdraw from Winston-Salem State University

If you plan to leave Winston-Salem State University or transfer to another institution, it is critical that you officially withdraw from WSSU. 

For spring 2019 must withdraw before the deadline of January 10, 2019.  If you withdraw before or on January 10, 2019 you will receive a 100% refund.

Withdrawal Steps

Review the WSSU Withdrawal Policies

Speak to Your Academic Success Counselor (ASC) or Advisor

Please use this directory to find your Academic Success Counselor. Make sure to talk to your ASC or Faculty Advisor before withdrawing from WSSU.  Your ASC can help you complete you Official University Withdrawal form.

University College and Lifelong Learning (UCALL)
Student Success Center | Hill Hall 

Withdraw from Your Classes

Contact the Office of the Registrar with a written request to withdraw from your classes. Your request must be in writing. Verbal withdrawal requests cannot be processed.  Please copy your Academic Success Counselor or Advisor on this email.

Office of the Registrar
202 Thompson Center
336-750-3331 (p)
336-750-3332 (f)

Notify the Office of Financial Aid

Notify the Office of Financial Aid about your decision not to come to and/or return to WSSU.

Office of Financial Aid
201 Thompson Center
336-750-3296 (p)
336-750-3297 (f)

Cancel Your Student Housing

Cancel your student housing by contacting WSSU Housing and Residence Life.

Housing and Residence Life
301 Thompson Center

Cancel Your Meal Plan

Cancel your meal plan by filling out this form and submitting it to Auxiliary Services

109 Eller Hall
336-750-2770 (p)
336-750-2033 (f)          


Consequences for Failing to Withdraw

It is critical for you to withdraw from WSSU if you will no longer be attending or if you choose to attend another institution. 

Transferring to Another School: If you transfer to another institution your aid will be maintained at Winston-Salem State University.  The funds cannot be released because you are still enrolled at WSSU.

Debt to WSSU:  If a withdrawal request is submitted and you receive a refund from financial aid, there is a possibility that you will owe a debt to WSSU because you will have received funds that you are not entitled to.

Failing Grades: If an official withdrawal request is not submitted and you receive failing grades, Federal Title IV Regulations requires for fifty (50%) of the aid to be cancelled (returned). This may leave you with an outstanding obligation to the University and all F’s on your transcripts.

If you owe a debt owed to Winston-Salem State University the following services will be not be provided:

  • Release of transcripts
  • Ability to readmit
  • Ability to register for classes