Are you interested in creating your own custom-fit major? If so, the Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) program is for you! BIS offers a fascinating and flexible curriculum where you combine coursework in two or more academic areas to create a multidisciplinary degree. You will be able to forge your own path. Choose courses from multiple areas. Enhance your problem-solving, critical-thinking, leadership, and teamwork skills.
The Program Is Perfect For:
- Highly-motivated students who are interested in exploring more than one area of study.
- Undergraduates who decide to change their focus and career pathways.
- Transfer students who have a large number of credits and want to graduate in a timely fashion.
- Busy adult learners who would like to earn their degree at an accelerated pace.
Businesses and organizations are looking for employees who can manage and solve problems, write and speak clearly, and function creatively. The BIS prepares you for success in these areas.
- Higher Education
- Social Services
- Media & The Arts
- Law & Government
- Black Writers in American Literature
- Native American Studies
- Cultural Diversity
- Literary Aspects of the Bible
- Sociology of the African American
Becoming an Interdisciplinary Studies major was the greatest decision I made at WSSU. It gave me an opportunity to follow my dreams of becoming a physical therapist and a track Olympian. I couldn't ask for a better experience!