You are classified as a new freshman applicant if you:
- graduated (or will graduate) from high school
- obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- obtained an Adult High School diploma
- have not attended a post-secondary institution (community college, university, etc.)
The minimum requirements for admission as a freshman are:
- 2.50 GPA
- 880 SAT or 17 ACT score
- successfully complete the Minimum Course Requirements (MCR)
The admission criteria are the same for public and private school applicants.
You must submit the following information, prior to the deadline, to complete the application requirements:
- $50 Application fee (Check or Money Order)
- Undergraduate Application
- Official SAT or ACT score reports
- Official High School Transcript
Your application will be reviewed for admission to WSSU after all the application requirements have been met.
If you admitted and still in high school, you must submit an Official Final High School Transcript upon graduation.
Admission to WSSU does not guarantee admission to any academic program. Several of our academic majors require you to apply for admission to the major during your sophomore year. Be sure to review the requirements for your major through our Online Undergraduate Catalog.
As part of the UNC system, WSSU requires that applicants successfully complete these courses:
- 4 units of English
- 2 units of Foreign Language (The same language. Ex. Spanish I & Spanish II)
- 2 units of Social Science (including U.S. or American History)
- 1 unit of Biological Science
- 1 unit of Physical Science
- 1 unit of Additional Science
- 1 unit of Algebra I
- 1 unit of Geometry
- 1 unit of Algebra II
- 1 unit of Mathematics beyond Algebra II (for which Algebra II is a requirement)
WSSU School Codes for Testing
SAT = 5909
ACT = 3178
We do not require subject tests for admission.
TOEFL - 5909
Applicants whose native language is one other than English must submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in addition to any other required test scores.