You must submit the following information, prior to the deadline, to complete the application requirements:
- $50 Application fee
- Undergraduate Application
- Official SAT or ACT score reports - waived for 2021*
- Official High School Transcript
- After all the application requirements have been met, your application will be reviewed for admission to WSSU.
- If you are admitted and still in high school, you must submit an official final high school transcript upon
- Admission to WSSU does not guarantee admission to any academic program. Several of our academic majors require you to apply for admission to the major during your sophomore year. Be sure to review the requirements for your major through our Online Undergraduate Catalog.
* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the UNC Board of Governors waived the standardized testing requirements for the 2021 application. While you may submit existing scores, they will not impact the review of your application.
As part of the UNC system, WSSU requires that applicants successfully complete these courses:
- Four units of English
- Four units of Math (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and an Advanced Math)
- Three units of Science (Biological Science, Physical Science, and a Science with a Lab)
- Two units of Social Studies, including one unit of U.S. History
- Two units of Foreign Language (same)
Fall 2020 Freshman Profile*
- Average GPA (weighted): 3.24
- Average SAT: 955
- Average ACT: 17
* While these criteria represent the average WSSU freshman admissions profile, meeting one or more of the criteria is not a guarantee of admission.
WSSU School Codes for Testing
SAT = 5909 | ACT = 3178
We do not require subject tests for admission.
TOEFL - 5909
Applicants whose native language is one other than English must submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in addition to any other required test scores.