By 2030, WSSU will accomplish 30 aspirational outcomes that advance the institution’s vision.
Foster Student Success
- Increase by 50% the number of STEM degrees awarded to students.
- Increase by 50% the number of Critical Workforce degrees awarded to students.
- Double the number of undergraduate students who participate in Study Abroad.
- Double the number of undergraduate students who participate in internships with industry.
- Increase the four-year graduation rate to at least 55%.
- Award a minimum of 30 research doctoral degrees per year.
Equity, Inclusion, and Social Innovation
- US News and World Report’s Top 200 for “Top Performers in Social Mobility.”
- Princeton Review’s Top 100 Ranking for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Increase by 15% the retention of underrepresented faculty and staff.
- Increase the number of degree options for nontraditional students.
- Expand WSSU’s footprint in rural and out-of-state areas by increasing online degree programs.
- Double the number of alumni entrepreneurs three years post-graduation.
- US News and World Report’s Top 10 “Best Regional Universities.”
- US News and World Report’s Top 10 “Top Public Schools.”16. Increase the number of nationally recognized faculty.
- US News and World Report’s “Top 5 HBCUs.”
- Increase the number of nationally recognized faculty.
- Increase the number of students who receive national awards.
- Embed a capstone experience within 100% of undergraduate degree programs.
- Ensure 100% of all academic buildings have state-of-the-art technology.
- Forbes Best Midsize Employers Top 300.
- Achieve Carnegie “Research 2” (R2) Classification.
- Ensure at least 80% of new first-time freshmen rate WSSU as a first-choice institution.
- Ensure at least 80% of employees indicate that WSSU is a great place to work.
- Ensure 100% of faculty meet required qualifications per SACSCOC accreditation standards.
- Increase by 15% the amount of scholarship awards to reduce the student debt load of first-time freshmen.
- Increase by 10% the amount of scholarship awards to reduce the student debt load of transfer students.
- Increase graduate student enrollment by 25% by adding new graduate and research doctoral degree programs.
- Achieve minimum Research and Development expenditures of $8 million per year.
- Secure 25 “Signature Partnerships” that generate new revenue streams to support student success and employee development.
- Stimulate alumni to achieve a 40% giving rate that contributes to a minimum fundraising amount of $60 million.